There are about a dozen public beach access points within the city limits of Destin. The majority are city facilities with one site for the county, and one site for the state. Below are the public beach access points within the Destin City limits:
* Norriego Point Public Beach Access
* O'Steen Public Beach Access
* Calhoun Public Beach Access
* June White Decker Public Beach Park
* Silver Shells Beach Public Beach Accesses
* Henderson Beach State Park (Fee required.)
* Shirah Street Public Beach Access
* Shore at Crystal Beach Public Access & Park
* Crystal Beach Drive Public Beach Access
* Barracuda Street Public Beach Access
* Pompano Street Public Beach Access
* James Lee Park Public Beach
Dogs and pets are not allowed on Okaloosa County or City of Destin beaches. Walton County (Sandestin area) allows "registered and leased" dogs on their beaches. Please check with Walton County officials at www.co.walton.fl.us to obtain registration information. Sea turtles come ashore to nest on the gulf beaches of Okaloosa County, usually between April and November. Due to human exploitation and habitat destruction, sea turtles are threatened with extinction. The female turtle usually comes ashore at night to lay her eggs in the sand. The female turtle lays about 100 eggs in a process that takes from 2 to 3 hours to complete. Please help protect these remarkable animals. Avoid disturbing a turtle that is crawling to or from the water. Avoid crowding around a nesting turtle and do not shine lights in her eyes or take flash pictures.
Click Post Title Above For More Info. . .